Limits of liability
NOTICE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - Part of Contract for Services
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IT CONSTITUTES PART OF YOUR CONTRACT FOR TRAVEL RELATED SERVICES:
- CHECK YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS IMMEDIATELY UPON RECEIPT TO MAKE CERTAIN THEY ARE ACCURATE. PLEASE CALL YOUR TRAVEL AGENT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. MOST DISCOUNT FARES INVOLVE RESTRICTIONS. CHANGING CARRIERS OR FLIGHTS COULD RESULT IN THE AIRLINE DEMANDING AN INCREASED FARE. CHECK WITH THE AIRLINE OR YOUR TRAVEL AGENT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES.
- SANTA BARBARA TRAVEL BUREAU (ASBTB@) is acting as an agent for Third Party Suppliers in providing travel-related services, or in accepting reservations or bookings for services that are not directly supplied by SBTB (such as air and ground transportation, hotel accommodations, meals, tours, cruises, activities, etc.). Acting as an agent only, SBTB shall not be responsible for any breach of contract, intentional or negligent actions or omissions, or any failure to comply with any local or national laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), on the part of such Third Party Suppliers, which result in any claimed loss, damage, delay, inconvenience or injury to Traveler, Traveler=s companions or group members.
- Unless the term Aguaranteed@ is specifically stated in writing on your tickets, invoice, or reservation itinerary, SBTB does not guarantee any of such Third Party Suppliers= rates, bookings, reservations, connections or scheduling.
- SBTB shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages, or losses caused to any Traveler by any terrorist activities, crime or theft, social or labor unrest, mechanical or structural failure, disease or illness, quarantine, enforcement of any local or national law, climatic conditions, weather event, act of god, or any other actions, omissions, or circumstances outside SBTB=s control. For information concerning possible dangers at international destinations, contact the Travel Advisory Section of the U.S. State Department. (202) 647-5225. For medical or health information, call the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), (404) 332-4559.
- Traveler assumes complete and full responsibility for, and hereby releases the SBTB from, any duty to check or verify any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements at each destination on the Traveler=s itinerary, and all safety and security conditions at such destinations. However, SBTB specifically recommends that U.S. citizens traveling to any destination outside the U.S. carry a valid U.S. passport.
- By embarking upon his/her travel, the Traveler voluntarily assumes all risks involved in such travel, whether expected or unexpected. Traveler is hereby warned of the above risks as well as possible travel industry bankruptcies, medical and weather disruptions, and the possibility Traveler may be unable to travel as scheduled because of personal emergency. Traveler is advised to obtain appropriate insurance coverage against such risks. Information is available through SBTB regarding travel insurance.
- Traveler shall have twenty-four (24) hours from issuance by SBTB of any tickets, reservations or bookings to change, modify or cancel such itinerary. Traveler's retention of such issued tickets, reservations, or bookings after said twenty-four hour period shall constitute consent to the above terms and provisions of this Agreement, as well as the agreement on his/her part to convey the contents of this notice to his/her travel companions or group members.